Sunday, September 4, 2011

a letter

hello, love.

you've been away for quite some time. i was beginning to wonder if you had forgotten me. i never forgot you, you know. i've just been waiting for you to come to your senses and realize you can't live without me.



see? this is what you have been missing. this is what you have been denying yourself. no, now, don't give me that look. you know it's true. you can never achieve this without my help. you will never look like this without my guidance.



i'm sorry, darling, but you know i'm going to have to punish you for running away for so long. it's not going to be pleasant—i can promise you that. but won't it be worth it in the end? to prove yourself to me again? i can't help you if you won't accept whatever i tell you to do. in the end, don't you always discover that i know best?



you keep saying that you don't need me, that you don't have to prove yourself to me. but what about the rest of them? wouldn't it be nice to prove yourself to them for once? academically, you're shining like a star, and yes, i am very proud of you. but, darling, think how far you could go if you possessed not only brains, but beauty to match?



oh, you could outshine the sun. i know you could. you just have to listen to me. i'll just have to break you of that nasty habit of not listening to me and thinking you know better. love, you always come back to me. shouldn't that tell you something? that i was right all along?



'such a pretty face,' they tell you. but wouldn't it be prettier with cheekbones defined, jawline sharp enough to cut glass? with your pretty little ribcage peeking shyly through your skin, heart fluttering like a caged bird within? your fingers will be slender and delicate, and your legs will be the envy of everyone you see. don't you understand? i am the key to that paradise.



i can see the longing in your eyes. you want it, don't you? you want it all so bad you can practically taste it. well here it is. i'm holding it in the palm of my hand, and my fingertips are outstretched towards you. all you have to do is grasp my hand, squeeze it tight and follow me. i will show you the way. it's closer than you think, sparrow.  



just take my hand



and

f o l l o w



fast today & tomorrow.
new plan coming soon

stay strong or this cruel world will knock you down.

<3,
sparrow

2 comments: