Sunday, September 25, 2011

until it makes me beautiful

so i've run across a thirty-day reflection thing about your journey to weight loss/the weightloss you've already experienced. figured i'd try it. (: just for fun. http://thirtydaystoreflectx.tumblr.com/page/3 there's a link to where each 'reflection' can be found. anyway. i'll be doing those at the ends of my posts. (:

but on to the main focus. today i've been fairly good, actually. large apple for est 100-110 calories, but then a packet of ramen (UGH! this crap keeps popping up!!!) for 350 calories. so about 450-460 calories for today. luckily though, we're almost out of ramen. (: i'd throw it away, but my mother would kill me. so as there's two packages left, and my mother doesn't eat the stuff, i'll have one package per day for the next two days, and nothing else. that'll get rid of that temptation, and also keep me down in calories. (: i just hate the sodium content too! makes me look bloaty. ): no matter. the problem will be dealt with soon. (:

yesterday i bought two books. one is 'unbearable lightness' by portia de rossi, the other is 'biting anorexia' by lucy howard-taylor. i'm about 1/4 of the way though 'unbearable lightness'. i'm loving the story. i keep comparing it in my head to 'wasted' by marya hornbacher, and in a way, i almost prefer portia's story. where marya was more focused on the disorder itself and all the different facets that led to it, and all the different facets of the disorder, portia (so far, anyway) seems less apt to lay blame on people and things in her life, and seems to be speaking from a place of 'this happened, and somewhere in the middle, i developed an ed', where as marya seemed more 'this happened, this happened and /because of that/, i developed an ed'. i suppose they're just written from two different places in life and in recovery, and hell, by two different women. but anyway, if any of you have read it, i'm to the part where she's finished her first day shooting 'ally mcbeal' and is eating with her brother. my opinion of how she's approaching this may still change, i don't know yet. i'll know when i finish, so shut up, sparrow, and do it. :P but yes, i do enjoy the way she writes, in any case.

ramble ramble ramble OH and i'm already down nearly two pounds. woohoo! exercised last night, as well. (: taking the night off tonight for my workouts in the week ahead. (: but on to my reflections (:

day one: stats and ten facts about yourself:
age: 18
height: 5'3.5"
current weight: 148
ultimate goal weight: 109 (for now!)
ten facts:
-sparrow isn't my name (though i'm sure you already realized that) but it is what i named the ed voice in my head. because she's so light and fragileboned, like a bird, and a sparrow is the bird i love most. (:
-i am from texas, and i love this state to death and back
-my prettiest feature is either my eyes or my lips--i can't decide.
-my favorite season is either early summer, where the air smells like freedom and morning, or early fall, when the air smells like nostalgia and change
-my favorite time of day is twilight, when air is melancholy and you can almost feel the world holding its breath.
-i love my boyfriend with a passion to end all passions. (: and i'm glad he puts up with me, as well. :P
-i'm obsessed with salad. obsessed. i'm going to quote a comment i made earlier on here to show just how much i love salad: "i actually prefer my salads dry, though. i don't know why, i just enjoy the taste of the veggies and how they're crunchy and slightly juicy with their own flavor variation. o_o i love salads (in case you couldn't tell haha!)" i could go on, but i'll leave it at that. :P
-i love reading, nearly as much as i love writing. (:
-i have a facebook addiction. D: 98% of my time online, no matter what site i'm on, facebook is likely to be open in a separate tab. (:
-i have a strange accent. 70% of the time, people think i'm british, 25% of the time people think i'm australian, 2% of the time people think i'm russian, 3% of the time people just ask where i'm from and don't give any indication of what they think, 0% of people recognize the 'redneck' in the voice, and therefore never realize "oh, texas. but with accent? o_O" idk. maybe i'm just weird :D

No comments:

Post a Comment